Truth #1: There’s Only One Question That Matters
The One Question: Is the unborn baby a human life?
- If it is not a human life, then no justification to destroy it is needed.
- If it is a human life, then no justification to destroy it is sufficient.
Truth #2: Unborn Baby = Undeniably Human Life
Scientifically human: The scientific conclusion that human life begins at conception (sperm-egg fusion) is uncontested. Two criteria for distinguishing one cell type from another are: composition and behavior. At conception, a baby has unique cells, proteins, RNA and DNA with interdependent organized functions. It is fully human, not partially human.
Biblically human: Jesus was recognized as the Messiah while still in the womb.
Philosophically human: The only differences between an unborn baby and a one-day old baby is location and age. The difference between a one-day old baby and a 5-year old child is age.
Truth #3: Every Human Life Has Value
- No one would argue for destroying the life of an adult or child who was conceived in rape or incest, or was no longer wanted, or was inconvenient.
- No one would argue the same when that adult was a child.
- There is no difference in value for a person before they are born.
We Must Protect Pre-Born Life with a Constitutional Amendment:
- Slavery was abolished by a Constitutional Amendment.
- Women were given the right to vote with a Constitutional Amendment.
- The views of the majority did not matter because they were human rights issues.
There were no exceptions.