This episode discusses the truth about hell in biblical and simple terms. Ryan shares some practical insights into the reality of hell that will help you grasp the eternal significance of rejecting Christ.
Verses about hell referenced in the show:
- Hell was originally intended for Saran and the fallen angels, not people (Matthew 25:41)
- 2 Peter 3:9 – The Lord […] is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.
- Compared to burning (Mark 9:43; 9:48; Matthew 18:9; Luke 16:24)
- Compared to darkness (Matthew 22:13)
- Intense grief (Matthew 8:12)
- Horror (Mark 9:44)
- Punishment as “eternal fire” (Matthew 25:41)
- “Unquenchable fire” (Matthew 3:12)
- “Shame and everlasting contempt” (Daniel 12:2)
- A place where “the fire is not quenched” (Mark 9:44-49)
- A place of “torment” and “fire” (Luke 16:23-24)
- “Everlasting destruction” (2 Thessalonians 1:9)
- A “lake of burning sulfur” where the wicked are “tormented day and night forever and ever” (Revelation 20:10)
- A place where “the smoke of torment rises forever and ever” (Revelation 14:10-11)
Subscribe on YouTube
Submit a question or topic for the podcast:
21 Days to a Spirit-Led Life
eCourse & Coaching Programs
Visit ryanshoward.com/cef to learn get signed up for our new eCourse & coaching to transform your faith into an everyday reality.